2. Information about us
3. Accessing our website
4. Acceptable use policy
5. Interactive services
6. Registered users
7. Suspension and termination
8. Uploading material to our site
9. Intellectual property rights and copyright
10. Reliance on information posted
11. Changes to our site
12. Our liability
13. Information about your visits to our site (Cookies)
14. Privacy of information
15. Transaction concluded through our site
16. Viruses, hacking and other offences
17. Linking to our site
18. Links from our site
19. Jurisdiction and governing law
21. Your concerns
3.2. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
3.3. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
3.4. The site contains a number of PDF (Portable Document Format) files. To download a document stored in this way you will need to ensure that the Adobe Acrobat Reader software is installed on your computer. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free at www.adobe.com.
3.5. The IMC site uses a cookie as part of its restricted access system. This cookie holds minimal information to uniquely identify you as a site user. Once active this cookie does not gather any personal information from your interaction with the IMC site or any other site, nor does it collect information from your operating system or hard drive. The cookie is only accessible by www.investmentmigration.org. The cookie is destroyed when you exit your browser.
4.2. You may not use our site:
- 4.2.1. In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- 4.2.2. In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- 4.2.3. For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- 4.2.4. To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- 4.2.5. To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
4.4. You may not access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- 4.4.1. any part of our site;
- 4.4.2. any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- 4.4.3. any software used in the provision of our site; or
- 4.4.4. any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- 5.1.1. Chat rooms.
- 5.1.2. Bulletin boards./li>
- 5.1.3. Discussion forums.
- 5.1.4. Social media platforms.
5.2. Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
5.3. We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
5.4. Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
6.3. Registered users may not use our site to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the following content standards:
- 6.3.1. These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
- 6.3.2. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- 6.3.3. Contributions must:
– Be accurate (where they state facts).
– Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
– Comply with applicable law in Switzerland and in any country from which they are posted.
- 6.3.4. Contributions must not:
– Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
– Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
– Promote sexually explicit material.
– Promote violence.
– Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
– Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
– Be likely to deceive any person.
– Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
– Promote any illegal activity.
– Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
– Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
– Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
– Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
– Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- 7.2.1. Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- 7.2.2. Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- 7.2.3. Issue of a warning to you.
- 7.2.4. Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- 7.2.5. Further legal action against you.
- 7.2.6. Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
7.3. Subject to section 11.2 below, we exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of sections 4, 5, or 6. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
8.2. Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
8.3. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
8.4. We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in sections 4, 5, and 6.
8.5. Should you find any content on our site which you feel is in contravention of the standards set out in sections 4, 5, and 6, please inform us by emailing email@example.com and explain your concern.
9.2. The ‘Investment Migration Council, ‘IMC’ and any related logos are some of our registered trademarks. Nothing contained in this site shall give by implication or otherwise any right or licence to anyone to use any of our trademarked work or related logos.
9.3. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
9.4. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
9.5. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
9.6. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
10.2. These pages contain general information only. Nothing in these pages constitutes legal advice. You should consult a suitably qualified lawyer on any specific legal problem or matter.
10.3. The Investment Migration Council makes no warranties, representations or undertakings about: any of the content of our site (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or any content of any other web site referred to or accessed by hypertext link through this web site.
- 12.1.1. All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- 12.1.2. Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
– loss of income or revenue;
– loss of business;
– loss of profits or contracts;
– loss of anticipated savings;
– loss of data;
– loss of goodwill;
– wasted management or office time; and
for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
13.3. The IMC uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of the website and compile reports for us on activity on the site. To reject or delete this cookie, please visit: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html.
13.4. By agreeing with these terms and conditions you are consenting to the use of these cookies by, and on behalf of, the IMC and these cookies will be placed on your device. It is possible in all browsers to manually clear cookies at any time through tools or settings.
14.2. If you would like to reach IMC members directly though mailings please contact the IMC on +41 22 533 1333 to discuss list rental activities at the discretion of IMC.
16.2. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
16.3. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Thank you for visiting our site.