Why Become a Member?
The strength of the Association and its message comes from its members. As an IMC member, you benefit from the professional development, networking opportunities and information services provided by the association, all of which enhance your business and promote professionalism and high ethical standards.
Being part of the leading global association concerned with investment-related migration, you will benefit from keeping up-to-date on latest trends and developments in the field.
TWO ROUTES TO MEMBERSHIP
There are two pathways to IMC membership: the education route and the experience route. It is planned that eventually the experience route will be phased out, and the membership journey will only be possible through the education route (except for Fellows).
Membership by Education
The journey through membership with the education route is the recommended one since this strengthens the skills and knowledge of members and by consequence the wider industry. The first step is the Certificate in Investment Migration which is an online course with an MCQ test at the end. This leads to Associate membership of the IMC. On completion, graduate non-members of the IMC are encouraged to join the IMC based on their educational achievement. They will be recognised in the industry by the course designation and membership tier they belong to.
Membership by Experience
To follow suit with other professional bodies, membership by experience is offered to those practitioners who meet the necessary criteria in any membership tier to be members of the IMC.
The IMC offers 5 different levels of annual membership for individuals with each offering its own set of benefits:
Government & NGO’s
Join the highest membership tier of the IMC: Become an IMC Fellow!
Why settle for a standard, individual Membership when you can upgrade to an IMC Fellow Member status?
As an IMC Fellow, you will enjoy exclusive networking opportunities, increased exposure via IMC's printed and online media, the chance to speak at various industry events and a privileged place amongst the crème de la crème of the international Investment Migration industry through exclusive Fellow Members Dinners, and more.
That is not all: as an IMC Fellow, you will enjoy privileged access to IMC news and announcements, preferential rates on IMC events and training programmes – which rates you can share with a work colleague or associate from your office.
Do you qualify to become an IMC Fellow?
Note that IMC's Fellowship is the organisation's highest membership tier. Applicants need to have been a professional member of the IMC for at least five consecutive years and have 10+ years of working experience, with three years at a senior level.
It's About making a Lasting Difference in the World
IMC is committed to helping make a difference in the world through its Corporate Responsibility initiatives, and the Fellow members initiative is no exception.
In fact, with every new Fellow member on-boarded, the IMC donates €50 towards the United Nations Joint SDG Fund*.
*The Joint SDG Fund supports countries in accelerating progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by integrating economic, social and environmental policies and applying a multi-dimensional and cross-sectoral approach to complex social challenges.
What distinguishes the UN Joint SDG Fund?
1. Its ability to facilitate the integrated policy support needed to achieve the SDGs
2. Making 'funding to financing' happen
3. A critical lever for successful reform of the UN's development work
4. Its competitive design and rigorous operational framework
IMC Fellow Benefits
1. Use of specific designation 'FIMC'
2. IMC Membership lapel pin
3. IMC Individual membership certificate
4. Personal use of the 'IMC Member' logo on marketing collateral
5. Social Media Announcements highlighting your Fellowship & Profile
6. Opportunity to speak at various industry events
7. Fellow members' dinners
8. Unrivalled high-quality industry networking opportunities
9. Be the first to know: Receive first-hand IMC news & Updates
10. Subscription to bi-monthly Members' News Round-up
11. Access to industry data and reports
12. Contribute leadership material for e-newsletters and IMC article archives
13. 10% reduction on the IMC Forum and other events' attendance fees*
14. Increase personal visibility within the industry
15. Up to 10% reduction on IMC Education & Training Courses*
16. Subscription to Industry alerts
17. IMC will assist Fellow members with introductions
18. 50-words-long Profile on IMC Members directory
19. 85-words-long Profile plus picture on the IMC Website under the Fellow Members section
20. Annual basic Listing in IM Yearbook (if published)
21. Reduction of up to 30% on Online Publicity Rates (specifically on IMC's Website)
22. 10% Discount on IM Yearbook commercial participation
*This offer can be shared with a colleague or staff member
Interested in Becoming an IMC Fellow? Let us know!
Thank you for being so interested in upgrading your IMC membership to Fellow status.
To help us guide you with your prospective membership, please complete and submit the following, and we will contact you shortly.
IMC membership ensures that you remain at the forefront of the latest industry trends and information. It encourages access to professional development opportunities, training and education and networking services provided by the association. The buttons below show the various member benefits available at each IMC membership tier and those for Corporate membership.
Apply For a Membership
Membership is for individuals and companies (or other legal entities) who wish to become members of the Investment Migration Council, a not-for-profit association within the meaning of Articles 60 et seq. of the Swiss Civil Code and with its registered office in Geneva, Switzerland.